|Virtual Wartime Bletchley Park by Tony Sale|
The First occupation of the House (1938)
About 150 people came on this first occupation.
The Security Intelligence Service (SIS) grabbed the upper floor and GC&CS were left with the ground floor.
Cdr Denniston, the Head of GC&CS, took the morning room on the left of the entrance with the Air Section under Josh Cooper in the drawing room on the right. John Tiltman moved into Leon's dining room with the Army Section and the Naval Section under W F Clarke went into the library.
A new telephone cable had been run in from the Fenny Stratford Telephone Exchange.
It terminated just outside what was Leon's billiard room and a temporary switchboard and teleprinters were set up to test communications.
This page was originally created by the late Tony Sale, the original curator of the Bletchley Park Museum, and Secretary of the Bletchley Park