|Virtual Wartime Bletchley Park by Tony Sale|
The First occupation of the House (1938)
The South Face of the House
Miss Barbara Abernethy, a young lady who had recently joined the Naval Section of GC&CS was given a desk in the bay window of the Library. She looked out onto the lovely rose garden along the south face of the House.
When GC&CS came back to Bletchley Park in August 1939, Miss Abernethy was appalled to now be looking at the wall of a large wooden hut.
This was Hut 4 and the Naval Section soon moved into it.
This page was originally created by the late Tony Sale, the original curator of the Bletchley Park Museum, and Secretary of the Bletchley Park