126. There is no minimum length of an enciphered message; maximum
length is 250 letters (equal to 50 five-letter groups).
127. Indicator group consists of five letters, of which the first
two are dummies, the last three are indicator letters. The
indicator group is put in as the first radio group. It does not
128. Dummy letters are chosen arbitrarily, and they must constantly
129. Indicator group letters are taken from the indicator group
table printed on the Cipher Table (Cipher of the Day). Every day
three different indicator groups are available. Always vary the
order of the letters within the group. For example, the following
indicator groups can be formed from ABH:
ABH AHB BAH BHA HAB HBA
130. In the case of messages divided up into several parts, each
message division must be designated with different indictator groups
and dummy letters.
131. The Cipher of the Day contains:
a) Wheel order (in Roman numerals).
b) Ringstellung (in Arabic numbers or letters).
c) Plug connections (in letters).
When the Ringstellung is given in numbers, then instead of the
number a letter is to be used, according to the following scheme:
01 = A 07 = G 12 = L 17 = Q 22 = V.
02 = B 08 = H 13 = M 18 = R 23 = W.
03 = C 09 = I 14 = N 19 = S 24 = X.
04 = D 10 = J 15 = O 20 = T 25 = Y.
05 = E 11 = K 16 = P 21 = U 26 = Z.
08 = F.
132. The Cipher of the Day changes at 0000 o'clock.