The 1944 Bletchley Park Cryptographic Dictionary
Codes and Ciphers
| previous page | next page | index page |
- 26 -
DECIPHER, v :
2. To remove the key or subtractor from a reciphered code and thus obtain the code-groups; to strip.
3. (Misused for decode).
DECIPHER, n :
2. Plain language obtained by the above process.
DECODE, n :
3. That section of a hatted code-book in which the groups are arranged in numerical order with the plain language equivalent opposite each; the second part of a two-part code.
DECODE, v :
2. (Misused for decipher). To convert a cipher text into plain language.
3. (Misused for decipher). To admit of deciphering; be deciphered.
| previous page
| next page | index page |